GILCHRIST LEARNING CENTER Fall Classes2019.pdf
We offer a wide variety of art classes for all ages and skill levels. Classes range from one-day workshops to comprehensive eight-week courses. Class themes, objectives, and schedules change throughout the year, so there is always something new and exciting to try. Please check back often for class and schedule updates.
Registration and Cancellation Policy:
- Register online, call 712-279-6272 or stop in at Visitor Services to pay in person. Full payment must be included. Registration, with payment through PayPal, will be completed when you receive a confirmation notice via e-mail. All registration closes TWO DAYS before the start of each class.
- Inclement weather: At times due to weather, it may be necessary to cancel a class. If classes are cancelled due to hazardous weather conditions, a makeup class will be scheduled.
- The Gilchrist Learning Center course cancellation policy: Occasionally the Gilchrist Learning Center may find it necessary to cancel a course or workshop due to low enrollment or other scheduling conflicts. If this occurs, registered students will be contacted and allowed to transfer to another class or be refunded the full course tuition and any additional fees.
- Student cancellation policy: Students will receive a 75% refund of tuition if a request to withdraw is received by the Gilchrist Learning Center Education Department no later than 7 days prior to the first day of the course. Request to withdraw from a course, less than 7 days prior to the first class session will not be eligible for tuition refunds. If you register for a class or workshop last minute (within 1 week of the class), this cancellation policy still applies.
- Summer Art Camp class cancellations require a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice prior to the first day of camp to be eligible for a partial tuition refund.
- Registration agreement statement: I understand and agree that when I register, I have obligated myself to pay for the courses and all other charges related to this registration. If registering by bank card, I authorize the Sioux City Art Center to charge my account the amount noted. If I decide to cancel my registration, I understand that the date I officially withdraw will determine the amount of refund, if any, I will receive.
Scholarships or Tuition Assistance:
The Sioux City Art Center seeks to include children and adults of all abilities in our classes, workshops and programs. If you or your child has a disability or special need, call our Education Coordinator to have a confidential discussion about suitability of a program and possible accommodations. Parents/Guardians please notify Visitor Services about any medical conditions, such as allergies, that might affect your child’s participation in classes or programs, at the start of each term.
The Sioux City Art Center’s classes are often photographed for publicity purposes such as brochures, advertising and other promotional material. Permission to be included in publicity is implied by enrollment. Please contact Visitor Services if you do not wish to be included in publicity.